Pages

4.11.2010

Faking it

I have a pretty easy going disposition and it takes alot to annoy me but I have one major pet peeve.
People have these "opinions" that they readily share about everything, and mainly at bad times.

For example:


"Sis. Brittanie, you look so beautiful in pink. I like it better when you wear pink. You look good in lighter colors. Sometimes, those dark colors are depressing! You are too young for black! You're only young once!" So I WANT to say, "Awesome, since your a total fashion queen, I will definitely take your advice. Here's a tip for you: You look better with your mouth closed, rather than gaping open all the time."

But I patiently, lovingly say, "Oh, thank you SO much, so nice of you to say so!


Or..

"I really like that song we did this morning! But have you ever heard the original artist? It's so great. You should listen to it." But instead of landblasting them and gritting my teeth, and screaming," I have
listened to the original artist, that's where I got the idea, STUPID! OBVIOUSLY, we don't have the Georgia Mass Choir backing us up, now do we?!", I smile, nod and graciously mention that it truly is a wonderful, original rendition.

Or my personal favorite...

"Did you hear about the singles conference in St. Louis? I totally think you should go! There will be tons of young adults just like you!" Hmmm. Just like me? Well, instead of telling them that I abhor singles conferences and would rather have 1,000 paper cuts with lemon juice poured on them, AND that they should mind their own business, I smile sweetly and say, "Oh? How wonderful!"


Sometimes it's just better to fake it. It saves so much grief. Some people are bound to be ignorant. It's best not to take offense. =)

No comments: