Pages

7.17.2007

When you can't remember your login ID or password for your blog, it's been too long since you've written.

Yup, that's me, Ole' Sis. 'Can't Find the Time To Blog Anymore'. I won't bore you with all the wonderfully interesting things that are going on in my world right now, but I did want to check in and let you know I love all of you faithful blog-checkers(Kathy)!

Anyway, I have a brilliant friend that writes frequently and she had the following quote posted on her blog. It is an excerpt from the book "Kite Runner". What an intense way to look at sin! I think it's amazing....


"...there is only one sin, only one. And that is theft. Every other sin is a variation of theft. Do you understand that?"

"When you kill a man, you steal a life. You steal his wife's right to a husband, rob his children of a father. When you tell a lie, you steal someone's right to the truth. When you cheat, you steal the right to fairness. Do you see?"

"There is no act more wretched than stealing..."

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Well, since you mention me BY NAME, I have to post a comment, right?! :-) Good to see ya bloggin' Homegirl. And that quote about sin--YES! I'll always remember that.

snb-the glamourista said...

wow. that's one of the most profound things i've read in a long time. i'll be thinking on that for a long time.