Pages

4.25.2007

a huge personality flaw

I greatly fear the median and mediocre. Sounds very cliche, but you have no idea how entirely true it is. My family gives me a hard time about it, and I know I have subjected at least one precious person to it, to the point ruining our relationship.
I am scared to death of living a common, ordinary life and I have ALWAYS been like that. I have always wanted the best of everything. It has been my personality thus far in life to reject anything less than that which fulfills my starry expectations. What most people consider perfectly acceptable, I detest. I have unrealistic hopes of nearly everything. If I cannot be perfect, peform it perfectly, experience it perfectly, or have it perfectly; then I tend to not want it at all. And honestly, I hate being like this sometimes.

I need to realize that part of life is in the "growing". Please indulge me as I talk to myself....
" It's ok if i'm not a millionaire when I get married and it's ok if I still have student loans. It's ok if I haven't checked off most everything on my "life list" by age 25. Someone might still love me even if I don't sing exactly like Mariah and play every classical piece perfectly. I do not have to have a 100,000 dollar wedding to be happy. I do not need a mansion or a Mercedes to be successful. I can struggle and fight for the good life and still be normal. I can grow as I go. "

I hope I "get this" soon. I would hate for happiness to pass me up while I wait for perfection.

No comments: