Pages

4.16.2007

for the single peeps

This is simply, my musings on emotional purity. You must be tired of my nonstop drivel on relationships.
But I have been, yet again, enlightened on the topic of so-called romantic love.
I know..... I seemingly classify love as an entirely mystical and enigmatic subject, but I must impute that to my singleness.
So, presenting the above as my excuse, I qualify yet another blog on relationships...

I feel that most days I can categorize my thoughts into two categories: God-thoughts and Me-thoughts.
Yes, profound. Ha!
Me-thoughts aren't sinful, they just aren't of an entirely spiritual nature; i.e, I need to exercise, I should call so and so about Arbonne...
You get the idea.
God-thoughts stem from an uplifting source (scripture, prayer, music, a message....ummm GOD) and provoke me to think about an area I need to improve or change. Or they simply encourage the good.
So, a lot of my "God-thoughts" of recent have been about developing pure relationships.
So here it is, My relationship/God-thought of the day:

We must strive for emotional purity.

Emotional purity is keeping yourself from drastic emotional involvement/attachment with a member of the opposite sex until you find the person with whom you intend on spending the rest of your life. Emotional involvement would be anything that connotes total thought consumption, emotional surrender and a giving up of one's heart too soon. Perhaps, it is falling hard to everyone(thing) that pays attention to you; wasting good thought-time and heart-matter. We spend precious time spilling ourselves emotionally and never blink at it.
We moil after sexual purity, but give up our emotional purity for the first pin-head that comes down the pike. Rather ironic, huh? I think so.
This is perhaps more a female problem, but I know more than a few guys for whom this would be great advice as well.
By all means, maintain all of your opposite-sex friendships! Just don't give out your heart prematurely for every fugacious claim on your attention.
Because only one will prove to be the forever kind.
Drastic?.....maybe. But, be that as it may, I have read more than one thought provoking article on this subject of recent and I really like the idea.

And I intend on fully giving myself emotionally only to my future husband.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I totally feel ya! I have this certain guy that has been texting out of the blue lately. Part of me wants to give in emotionally even though there has been NO talk of commitment. My brain keeps telling me...don't trust him, you've been down this road before.

Keeping the emotions pure is harder than sexual purity!

chantell said...

And all the people rose up and said, "Amen!" Preach it, Evangelist Brittanie!