Pages

2.09.2007

my life list

When I was a little girl, I used to read my parent's copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul. We are talking the ORIGINAL one! There was an article published in it that intrigued me. I would read it over and over...( with a flashlight, under the covers. Yes, I was one of those kids!!). The story is about John Goddard and his famous "life list". As a young man he created his list and has worked his entire life checking things off. I have always been into lists, and I can only assume that John's list has some connection with that. I have heard you are 70% more likely to reach a goal if you write it down. I have had this list for some time and I occasionally add to it.
I think every one should have one. Live in today, but keep big dreams for tomorrow.
If you make one, send it to me! I love reading em'!

Win a soul a year
Read the Bible thru every year until I die

read the entire Encyclopedia for fun
"Retire" at 35 from Arbonne
Go on multiple missions trips

Climb a non-piddly mountain
Start an orphanage
go scubadiving
Become an amazing speaker
Design and build my dream home

see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
spend a New Year in New York City
go on a gondola ride at night in Italy
learn to fly and plane and helicopter
direct a mass choir
read classical sheet music fluently
see an active volcano
visit all the continents

see the Eiffel Tower, London Bridge, Stonehenge,San Simeon, Taj Mahal, The Great Wall, The Pyramids....the list could go on forever... I want to see everything in the world. =)
shop in Harrod's in London and Via Saint'Andrea in Milan
Stay in a glass-bottomed hut in Fiji
spend a month in Hawaii
skydive
become a KinderMusik instructor
record a CD with my ( wherever I am) church choir
have books published

run a marathon
attain my doctorate in Counseling Psychology
Go to the Olympics
Get Married in New York City at Christmas time (with just my family and close friends)
Have at least 3 children
weigh 127 even after I have kids

camp in a desert with a completely open sky
Become an Arbonne Executive National Vice President
Go whalewatching ....blue whales!

go on an African safari
be in a ladies PGA tour =)
see a Men's PGA tour
See all 50 States
Learn two new languages and speak them fluently

go white-water rafting thru the Grand Canyon
Learn to drive a stickshift

go on a cruise
Get to 17% bodyfat

stay in a castle in Europe
be an amazing wife to my someday incredible husband
be a solid, godly, hott, SUV mom =) NO minivan for me please.
develop a ministry that will outlive me
work tirelessly for the Kingdom

No comments: