Pages

2.20.2007

God's favorite verbs

My life is currently on hold.
My lack of relationship. My schooling. My business. My ministry.
It's all on hold. Seemingly, nothing is happening.

I am stuck in a ditch. All my wheels are spinning (and throwing mud!!!), but I am going nowhere.

Last week, I reached the end of my patience and decided to tell God just exactly how I felt. You know that prayer....The "I-am-sorta-mad- and-my-heart-hurts" prayer. I don't mean disrespect in any sense of the word; I just feel like I can be real with God. Complete honesty. So, I sat down and bore my heart to my Maker.
Let me tell you how it went:

The Setting--

Me: Balling my eyes out ( completely unrelated to hormones!!).
God: Just sitting with me, waiting for me to talk. I can't describe how amazing His presence was this particular day.

The Dialogue--

I simply said, " Help".
He simply said, "Psalm 37".

So I read it.

"Fret not thyself ....."

"Trust in the LORD...."

"Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart....."

"Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass......"

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him....."

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way...."

"Wait on the LORD, and keep his way...."

"And the LORD shall help them...."

The Lesson:

I need to learn to trust Him. I need patience. He knows what I want and what I need. He really does!! I mean, He really, really does! And as much as I hate it, this is for me.


This is trust time. This is delight time. This is commit time. This is rest time. This is wait time.

He's got it all under control. And in the meantime, I have found God's favorite verbs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent words!! And be completely honest with you .. I am in the same situation, so your not alone. The Lord spoke that same chapter into my heart right before the new year. I can't say that I have followed this out, but so very true!!

chantell said...

This is ridiculous. Why did I post on the EXACT same thing a week or two ago?? We can't be the same person. Or is it just that God is pretty consistent when he speaks?

http://whereucanfindme.blogspot.com/2007/02/god-answers.html

Kim said...

Beautiful