Pages

2.13.2012

First Love, Forever Love.

Sometimes, God's gifts to us are moonlight sparkling on deep water or warm summer days full of bare feet and green grass... how I love these gifts! More perfectly, God always bestows on us His greatest gift, agape love, and we are left humbled by the completeness of His care. "In His presence is fullness of joy; at His right hand are pleasures forevermore"--Truly! God touched the secret places of my heart that no person ever could reach to give me the perfect gift my soul desired.


And then sometimes, without rhyme nor reason, He decides we are ready for the gift of our Forever Love. This earthbound Forever Love only lasts a lifetime, but to our feeble understanding, it is everything. How beautiful! He gave us this kind of Forever Love so we could better understand His agape love.


So when it happens, this Forever Love, and we can't breathe or reason. Time is altered, days are spent waiting and everything makes sense. I've dreamed of receiving this gift since my days of hot pink Barbie Cars and frilly dresses. Every Valentine's Day brought me a year closer.

This year, finally, God decided that it was time.

My First Love has given me my Forever Love.

No comments: