Pages

12.16.2010

You Came



I have always thought of Christmas as a sentimental time; decorations, giving and receiving love and happy songs. But somehow this year I feel a completely different emotion. Christmas, this year, has become the anniversary of my Hope. My Salvation.

I get it now. I see it. If Jesus Christ had never come, my life wouldn't actually even be life. I am overwhelmed by the fact that Jesus came down from heaven because He saw our sin and knew we couldn't save ourselves. We were hopeless without him. He humbly became like me, so that I might be saved from a tortured eternity.
I feel this genuine sense of God's intense love for me. He loves me! So much that He couldn't stay away!

So now, Christmas means I have received Love and I have received salvation, and I am forever grateful.





YOU CAME

Before You came we were stranded in the dark
Bearing wounded hearts without hope
Desperate and in need, sinking low
We cried for help 'cause we could not save ourselves

You heard, You saw, You knew, and You felt it all
You wept when You watched us fall
And You could not stay away
And You came

And when you came, You were every hope fulfilled
All that's good revealed, love divine
And when You came, You were fellowship restored
You fed us with Your Word, Bread of Life
When we were crushed underneath the weight of living

And I am overwhelmed, and I am overcome
I am breathless in Your presence
I am humbled by Your love
And I am overwhelmed, and I am overcome
I am breathless in Your presence
I am humbled by Your love

You could not stay away
And You came
You came

No comments: