Pages

4.26.2010

The Good Fight

When I hear someone say they are a "fighter", I do not think they like to fight in the literal sense. I think positively. I think, " Hmm, they are not willing to give up, they are willing to work for something, they are tenacious". I have seen how important being a fighter is to my spiritual well-being. Actually, to my overall well-being. I will fight for what I need. I will fight for who I love. I will fight for my family. I will fight for my ministry. I will fight for my dreams. I will fight for anything that deserves my attention.


A fighter keeps their head above water, does not take on a defeatist attitude, does not start making stupid decisions when things don't look good. A fighter will "against hope, believe in hope". A fighter does not allow circumstances to cloud the big picture.

It is one thing to say you are a fighter. It's easy to talk the lingo. But when things are at their worst, if you aren't fighting for the prize, then you aren't a fighter. I believe anyone can learn the art of fighting for what they need, but be prepared to work for it.
Ephesians 6 says it best:
"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. "




Fight on.

No comments: