Pages

5.31.2010

move. up.

God gives life. God gives dreams. His purpose for every human is great, regardless of whether we recognize it or not. Well, in a perfect world apathy, complacency, and "lack of drive" would not rule. Monotony and comfort zones would not be present. But since we don't live in a perfect world, all of the above rule the major part of the average life.

Since I am now 25, I am vastly more comfortable in my own skin and with my calling.
My continual prayer for my life is that I have the ability to see past the daily grind and respond to the everyday opportunities given to me by just living. Seeking renewal and freshness, moving up and growing up. I believe every step of the ladder was intended as a secure holding place for our foot to rest on while going UP.


"Sad will be the day for any man when he becomes contented with the thoughts he is thinking and the deeds he is doing – where there is not forever beating at the doors of his soul some great desire to do something larger, which he knows that he was meant and made to do."
Phillips Brooks
1835-1893, American Episcopal Cleric

No comments: