Pages

2.27.2008

on regrets

Last night I was thrown the "regret" question by one of my girls:
Do you ever regret? How do you go on from mistakes? Do you ever feel like you have wasted time?

You know the bit.

I had to think for a couple seconds but my answer then, and definitely now that I've thought about it is, No.

No regrets.

Every season of life is crammed with learning and love and experiences. It teaches. I glean.
I struggle. I hurt. I try to get God to give out answers ahead of time. I bang my head against the wall. I don't understand a lot of the time. I mess up all the time. And I always fall into the amazing love and mercy of my INCREDIBLE God.

But no regrets.

Take away segments of my life and mistakes...and take you take away the lessons I have learned.

Lessons like patience. Courage. The incredible mercy of God. The strength you find in Him as you hurt.

Everything is worth something--even if you know NOT to do it again.

So no regrets. Just appreciate the past and milk today for all its worth.

God is always at work. Always.

2 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i found a really interesting quote that made me think..."don't regret the past, because at one time, it was exactly what you wanted". not 100% true all the time, but mostly. and you're right, god is ALWAYS at work.

Kathy said...

Awesome post! Regret is a tool of the enemy.