Pages

3.17.2006

Kiss me .. I'm Irish.....( and Cherokee and Spaniard...and Scottish and English and maybe even Chinese...)

Maybe it's just my family. Highly probable. But when the origins of our ancestry arise in conversation.. I reach a state of utter confusion. My gramma says her grandmother was full-blooded Cherokee. My papa and great-granny say they have research to prove that our Irish male ancestors supposedly hooked up with Spaniard women. And then Lord only knows who to believe on the other side of the family...
So when St. Patrick's Day rolls around every year.. ...I always wonder what I really am. Not that it matters in the slightest. To be honest I abhor tracing geneology. Those flocks of people that make their pilgramage to our library weekly tend to annoy me. But nonetheless, today I would like to know...... what and whom married whom and what?????

No comments: