Pages

11.19.2005

My Many Colored Days




This is one of my favorite children's books by Dr. Suess.
It sums up emotions in a basic, yet profound way.










Some days are yellow
Some days are blue.
On different days, I'm different too.
You'd be surprised how many ways
I change on Different Colored Days.
On Bright Red days how good it feels
to be a horse and kick my heels.
On other days, I'm other things
on Bright Blue days I flap my wings.
Some days, of course, I feel sort of Brown.
Then I feel slow and low, low down.
Then comes a Yellow day.
And, I am a busy buzzy bee.
Gray Day...Everything is gray.
I watch. But nothing moves today.
Then all of a sudden, I'm a circus seal
On my Orange Days that's how I feel.
Green days. Deep deep in the sea.
Cool and quiet fish. That's me.
On Purple Days I'm sad.
I groan. I drag my tail.
But when my days are Happy Pink
It's great to jump and just not think.
Then come my Black Days.
Mad. And loud. I howl.
I growl at every cloud.
Then comes a Mixed-Up Day.
And Wham!
I don't know who or what I am!
But it all turns out all right, you see.
And I go back to being ... ME.

No comments: