Pages

12.22.2008

alias.

When I was a kid we would go to my grandma's house in West Virginia and I would get to watch a little T.V. Maybe not a big deal to some, but when you don't have a television in your house, it is sooooooooo fun. I was gullible as a child. Any infomercial that came on, I was in awe of the amazing new products they were offering. I would take a pen and a piece of paper and write down every number that came on the screen. While rummaging thru the mail today, I came across a bright green box with the word Pampers on it. It was addressed "Brita Doon". Hmmm.. well I guess that's me. Inside the box, there were coupons, samples and even a diaper. I'm not a mom yet (in case you were wondering), and I dont have any siblings in Pampers. My family is forever giving me a hard time about signing up for free stuff and I could not convince them that this had not happened recently.


Well I finally figured it out. I was always making up new "alias" to recieve free products...
Britta DonDon
Brita Doon
Brittanya Doonaldsin
Brita Nicolai
and so on...


I am still recieving mail after 15+ years... and after that many years, God only knows how many times they have sold my name. So, if for any reason you see my picture on the wall of the post office, you can reference this blog. I am, unfortunately, a woman of many names.

No comments: