Pages

9.25.2005

on vices and virtues..

I always need an "idea" in life..something to make me a little better or give me the edge. ... it may be a project, a far-fetched dream or as simple as a to-do list. I have yet to decide if this is a vice or a virtue. I think perhaps it is a vice- considering I find it hard to be happy with my present self. (All this isnt to say that I am unhappy with my life right now, because I am truly content) I just find myself constantly thinking of ways I need to improve me. Ugh. well, vice or virtue.... It sometimes makes my brain hurt at the end of the day.

Seneca's thoughts-
"We should every night call ourselves to an account; What infirmity have I mastered today? What passions opposed? What temptation resisted? What virtue acquired? Our vices will abort of themselves if they be brought every day to the shrift. "

1 comment:

goofyguppy said...

I came across your blog by accident. I like it. And I love Jane Austen. If you have time time, visit mine - goofyguppy.blogspot.com